Monday, July 2, 2007

Can You Be Part of A Generation You Wern't Born Into?

Do you ever feel like you don't fit into or identify with the generation you were born into? Or do you ever feel like you have characteristics of more than one generation? I personally often feel like I should be considered a member of both Gen X and Gen Y. Born in 1972, I am a late Generation X member, with Generation X consisting of those born between the years 1965-1976. This might explain my feelings about being part of both generations.

This issue continued to bug me until the other day, when I had the opportunity to read Penelope Trunk's Brazen Careerist blog entry
What Generation Are You Part Of Really? Penelope presents a great test to determine what generation you really belong to, based upon your use of media, rather than your age. I recommend you take the test to see what generation your score places you in. In the end, I scored a 12, placing me at the high end of Generation X.

I love being a part of Generation X. But it is nice to see that I can still connect with the younger generation as well (at least through my use of technology and media outlets).



No comments: